Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

We are staying in our pajamas today. I am so excited not to have to be anywhere or do anything, well except a quick run to the post office for a dear friend to sell her some of our Rashees ( rash guard shirts with SPF 100+). We got out the Lincoln Logs for Keaton and are managing to keep him occupied. We are starting the Romantic Period in classical music. I am even thinking we should do a beginning summer art project. Maybe with a beach theme. We used our bikes again to ride to the park on Monday evening and it was perfect. Not too far, everyone got to get off and play for a while. I almost felt like a Guppy. Michael's father said our generation was being referred to as this because we are "green" yuppies. Have to admit it sounds about right, I do like my coffee drink just not in Styrofoam and preferably with organic, shade grown, bird friendly coffee. Also see my post about the Vitamix as reference to my guppiness.
Denali has been working on her Latin puzzles book this morning and I am remembering why we don't grade even though we are so strict with our schedule and our choice in curriculum. She is truly loving to learning. It is so fun to see them develop as learners.
Bryn has been continuing with her logic puzzles but also her reading is just amazing. She went from wanting nothing to do with a book to finding great pleasure in taking a book to a corner and resting. It is a relief to me as I am not sure what to do with a child who does not become giddy ina book store.
Keelin is in need of curriculum that does not need so much help. The directions need to be a little more clear so every five seconds she is not yelling "HELP." I might just feel this way because she yells as though she is actually drowning and it is not the help I am trying to avoid. This will be my plan Thursday night when Michael is at poker.
Michael and I spent last night grooming the dog which sounds perfectly easy when we say we have a five pound poodle but he is 15 years old and it takes forever to get him to cooperate. I refuse to have him muzzled and so 3 hrs later he is about 2lbs lighter. Good he is not any meds based on his weight cause we would have overdosed him. Wish I had a before and after picture, but we tag teamed the process last night. About half way through, I realized I hate when we do this with grooming or any job where it is ever so clear when two people have done the job only one should commit too. We clearly have two different visions of what the dog should look like. Another case for Michael to point out that I must let go of the perfection need in my life. Did I mention I thought I had begun too? Well, we are off to find a great art project to try. Maybe it would be good to take pictures of this.

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You know, as a scrapbooker...I think in pictures. But as a blogger...I think about it even more. And then I take pictures of things I *never* would have photographed before. Take pictures of the art projects...then you have no guilt in throwing them away :-)