Monday, May 19, 2008

Maybe Monday

Today is the day I have been putting off all my tasks all weekend and saying I will get to those--maybe Monday. Paid bills, grocery shopped, and managed not to lock a child in the car. Yesterday Michael handed Keaton the car keys while he buckled him in the seat. He then closed the door and before he could open the front door, all the doors locked. I tried to stay calm and mention that he only had a few minutes to TALK (loosely used) Keaton into unlocking the doors. Picture Michael telling the girls to stay away from the doors so the baby won't drop the car keys and forever lose the opportunity to open the door without the assistance of some stranger and drawing attention to our lack of parental foresight in seeing this as a potential disaster. After a few small minutes, my brother in law offering to find the security guy in the soccer parking lot and me trying not to get upset, Keaton honked the horn at least 12 times before getting the right button and unlocking the door. I could say very little about this incident since many years ago, I not only locked my children in the car but also a friend's kids. In my defense, the car was running and the ac on in that case. It did however require the assistance of a locksmith and the many people gathered. It was very embarrassing and a good reminder to be more careful with my keys. Back to the point, with all the weekend things on my plate for Monday, I was quite careful about this issue today on our errands. Thankfully tomorrow is slower and we don't gear up again until Thursday.

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

So is your heart still revving? I'm impressed with Michael's ability to talk Keaton into unlocking the door!