Monday, May 12, 2008

our school work

We are trying to finish things before our school year ends and our summer school begins. Yes, that does sound silly but in my OCD mind it makes perfect sense. And in my world this eliminates the need for me to keep up with a small piece of paper with these lists.
Denali is to finish her handwriting, her Latin curriculum with Abbey, and a good bit more of her Wordly Wise before Memorial Day. She is going to finish: Singapore 4B, Cyber Ed Earth and Space, Perplexors and Venn Diagrams from Critical Thinking, Wordly Wise and study one period in Music for the summer. By September 1 this will be done or we will not go to the beach without school books!!! I feel as though I am fighting a losing battle with summer coming and the ever busy Keaton.
Bryn is going to have finished by September 1: Singapore Science Book 2, Singapore Math 1B, Handwriting Italic C, Spellling Workout A, Explode the Code 3, and Eclectic Reader 2.
Having typed this out, I feel this may occur as I must rise to the occasion now that it is published.

We did begin today Classical Karoke for kids. It is a lot of fun and organized well in my humble opinion. Keeping in mind, I would rather be listening to eighties music through now. But somehow I feel that this is an important part of teaching in the classical way.

My list for Expo includes:
Spelling Workout B and C F and G
Easy grammar Grade 6 and wkbk Grade 2
Critical Thinking Book 1 and 2
Singapore 5a and 5b 1a and 1b
Perspective Time Line Game (looks very cool and I may not wait until Expo)
A World of Faith
Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (yes-we should have had this years ago and no it is not pricey)
A Child's Story of America
Handwriting of some sort
Easy Writing???
IEW??? (wow did I write that but I got another recommendation for it - must see it myself to decide with it's price tag)
Odyssey Story of the World and Audio version of Volume 1
Any of the Shakespeare Can be Fun Series
Copywork and Dictation book (looking for recommendations here ??)
and then anything that just inspires me - which to say is the whole place!!

2 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What a list! I have IEW on my list...and then I think the rest will be impulse buys. I think I have Spelling Work out F & G if you want to buy mine. We are going to try something else next year. Do you want me to bring Writing Strands to you on Thursday to look over?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I just found out that "The Mysterious Benedict Society" has a sequel...didn't know if you knew...or if Denali knew :-)