Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday

My latest craze began 6 months ago. I really want a Vitamix. In every vegan/vegetarian cookbook I own, it recommends one for a staple in your kitchen. For those of you who don't know, it is more than just a blender. It can cook soup, make healthy ice cream, grind flour and knead bread. It is like a wonder machine but of course it has a nice price tag to go with it's wonder. You may now be wondering just how much. Well, I am a big fan of believing I am worth a whole lot. If I were to work outside the home, with my AMAZING talents I would bring in at least 6 figures ( yes, even with the teaching degree). But the vitamix requires a bit more justification. I am a Juice Plus distributor and health is of the utmost importance to us. We eat organic and unprocessed foods. We have no food coloring in the house. And yes, we do cheat here and there but we make it a practice to try to honor the body which houses our soul. Does that sound like a justification for the pricey life changing appliance? I am hoping someone who is reading knows how to reduce the price from $650. In the very long run, I am sure it will pay off. This is just a very similar process that we went through to buy the hot tub. Michael has to decide we are worth it and it has health benefits that can not be measured in money. So if any of you have one, used one or want one-please leave me a note so I can sound more convincing. Or better yet. VITAMIX could just send me one and I could blog every day for a month on the different things I have made to increase our quality of life with their outstanding time saving device!

2 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

As I sit here munching on some preservative full pringles...my only suggestion is ebay. Or holding out on Michael until he gives into your demands :-)

amy said...

mmm...preservative laden pringles...mmm...

i just sent you some auction links. =)