Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thirteen things to do on a rainy day

1. Nap- which three of my four children are doing now. Of course, it is also what I should be doing but I am making yet another list.

2. Read- but this I do on sunny days, windy days, etc.. today I did read more on Writing Strands, Reading and am currently reviewing Science programs. Noeo and Real Science 4 kids top my list.

3. Paint my toenails but this requires no one waking up and then stepping on my feet as they ask for a snack. This must be done at night after everyone has been asleep for 1hour and fifteen minutes. This is an exact time because sleep cycles in our house tend to be very light at the 45 minute mark. If I paint at the 15 mark, I have at least thirty minutes for my toes to dry before someone needs me. More complicated than you thought huh?

4. Bake bread. I love to bake bread and am hoping that if I wait long enough for my Vitamix, that baking bread will become so easy that I will do it daily.

5. Another ploy for my Vitamix- I could be making icecream right now in a matter of a few minutes and it would be so healthy I could serve it to my kids for breakfast ( or so say the infomercial on the computer).

6. Knitting or crocheting -of which I do neither but have plenty of close friends and family who could teach me and then I could occupy my free time with these hobbies. Oh yeah- no free time.

7. Clean- I do love to do this and am very OCD but today just seems like a good day to ignore all my to do lists.

8. Make a cup of tea. I wish I was English and afternoon tea became such a ritual that I would never forget and then wish I had made tea at 3 or 4pm when I am in need of a jolt of caffeine and a peaceful moment.

9. Teach- with all the curriculum I have in our school room I am sure to find something we have yet to do and would engage everyone but instead I sit here and wonder what things we need to finish before June 1. No need to add to that list by finding one more thing to do.

10. Exercise- this sounds good until I rationalize out that I have already showered for today and have dinner plans with people so I must be clean and smell good tonight. If I were to exercise, I would need another shower and that would put me over my allotment for the week. Perhaps some of you are familiar with the young baby, no shower every day syndrome. It is one of the secrets kept by moms.

11. Shop online for all the things that are needed soon and some that will never be needed but desired. The top of this list is,yes, the Vitamix. May I take a moment to justify. My blender blew up and we are health nuts. It is recommended equipment in every cookbook I have and it could remove a few items from my counter.

12. Eat- I could try to eat something without anyone asking for a bite, demanding a different version of my original snack.

13. Blog-this was my best plan. It gives me a chance for my brain to speak out loud and not to look crazy talking to myself.

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You are hilarious. I think your next post needs to sing the virtues of the vitamix...and tell how it will change your lives...forever :-) Blogging is the best avoidance behavior ever invented!