Friday, April 11, 2008

Indian food

Those of you who know me realize that I have trouble asking for help. But in this case it is not for me. My sister began her own spice business late last year selling homemade Indian spices and they are AWESOME. She is selling them locally right now but is taking the plunge to sell them at a food and speciality convention here in ATL soon. The amount of people expected to attend is like 8000 and some big foodie people like Paula Deen. Ok so here's the request. She has one month to make enough spices to sell here, create and print any marketing material, set up and tear down the weekend of May 3 and 4 ( I will be out of town or would be on this detail), and any other brilliant ideas any of you have to help her make it BIG. If you know of someone local who wants to volunteer any extra time in the next month in return for learning how to start your own business or go crazy trying (hmm-perhaps a book idea if success is not found at this convention) ---please contact me. She will need help in a rented kitchen space preparing and you must be meticulous in measuring, she needs printing done and she has been struggling with design issue since her GREAT design guy just took a promotion. Anyway, any inside info, advice, people --will take anything since we plan on her hitting it big after this. Ok so maybe I am in it for a free week at the beachfront home I am helping her pick out when she becomes rich and famous :) so any up and coming marketing majors, entrepreneurs, or just plain people with a love for food- come join our mad rush for success. If not, please check out her website which is linked here for ordering any spice packets. Tomorrow's topic: Soccer or Rain???

3 comments:

GBK Gwyneth said...

So, while I love Indian food (or Bangladeshi...), I cannot help you sister .. we too will be gone that weekend and I don't fit an of the other requests, anyway.

But Soccer or Rain? Sheesh, I just made a terrible decision in not postponing our citywide (Pine Lake) yard sale. In the end we did postpone, but not until people's stuff was all wet :(

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow...look at all your entries! You were just waiting for it to be pretty, huh?

I cannot believe how many books Denali has read...glad that list was helpful!

Just Wedeminute said...

I really like your blog! Your kids are adorable! I am a homeschool mom also.