Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crazy weekend

Let me begin with Saturday. I only ending up coaching for about 5 mins. The rain ended our game quickly as 4/5 year old girls don't feel compelled to play rain or shine. Thank goodness!! On the other hand, Denali's team continued to play until the end. She played great and even scored a goal off a beautiful pass. Her team this week was comprised of a lot of substitute players from her indoor league. They looked great together after many winter games and several tournaments. Anyway, Michael was praising the girls as the sirens went off. That WOULD be the weather sirens. Did he encourage the girls and families to leave the field? No, as a matter of fact, it was the second siren that convinced him to mosey along towards the car. By the time the rest of the games were cancelled, we were all soaked and I was wearing Keaton on my back with a dollar store rain poncho and an extra hole cut out for his head. Too bad I don't have a picture for this. A quick rearrangement of car seats, and Kristin and I took the babies to Costco. Saturday evening was spent at my mom's for dinner with her childhood best friend. Lots of laughter and fun.

Now to Sunday. Abbey and clan arrived at 10:30AM (I specify AM for a reason). I think we knew the leather seat conversion was going to be a challenge when after three hours, they guys came in asking about sewing, heavy duty needles and not really having done any of the seats yet. Three meals, a trip to the ice cream store, an amazing sewing job by Abbey, a twelve pack (in fairness, I believe there are some left), next year's school plan for all the kids, and a lot of laughter, everyone left about 11:30PM. I think I heard that Abbey was not getting any more DIY gifts for any occasion. Also, it was determined that the reason no directions were included might be that it was not really meant to be a job done in a driveway under incredibly obnoxious work lights at 11PM. Thanks to Abbey and Ian, we will have many fond memories of a very funny circumstance.

This week pales in comparison to our weekend. Dentist appts, grocery store trips and a visit from the In-laws this weekend. We are finishing up projects and planning our next trip to Hilton Head in two weeks. Also, we are figuring out what school things need to be finished before June 1 and what will be completed by Sept 1. I have a new plan for next year that I plan to publish here shortly but hopefully it will ease my work load for planning and give me more time for actual schooling. Denali does not like time frames usually but instead page amounts to do. I am trying to convert her this year. Abbey and I discovered that if we followed TWTM, we would do school for 7 1/2 hrs a day in fifth grade. WOW! Not happening but a good place to strive for. Michael is waiting for me to watch Boston Legal with him so I will close for now.

PS Denali learned a little about physics today as she dumped Keaton over in the driveway after tying her scooter to his tricycle and then trying to turn a corner very sharply. In her defense, she came inside after all was calm and we concluded that Keaton did not have a concussion, to apologize and explain she should probably test her idea without hi next time. I appreciate her learning the scientific method plan. :)

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Wow...do it yourself leather seats? I cannot imagine. I think this entry needed some photographs!