Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things I love about summer:
1.Organic tomatoes
2.Fresh Herbs
3.Bike rides for ice cream (yes I am that desperate and environmental that I made everyone ride 4.8 miles for Ben and Jerry's)
4.The smell of an afternoon shower
5.The smell of hydrangeas
6.A week in my planner with nothing scheduled on it
7.Impromptu trips to the beach
8.Later bedtimes, sleeping in
9.Fresh fruit being part of every meal
10.Time for friends and family
11.The smell of honeysuckle
12.Shorter schooling days
13.Sunshine and lemonade (Not the blog although I love Katrina's)
A small note- my produce came this week from www.moorefarmsandfriends.com
They do a weekly box and I am very impressed with their plan. You do not have to commit to any length of time and the variety seems to be there. Anyway check them out if you are in the Atlanta neighborhood and see if it will work for you. A commercial for the eat local plan.

5 comments:

EPC said...

Hi Kim,

My first blog visit...you are so good. I loved reading about the family and feel more connected.

Many hugs from Hawaii, Beth

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

5 miles to ride for ice cream? We'll you'll pedal all those calories off for sure!

GBK Gwyneth said...

Sounds like a lovely summer!

I just wish it weren't so darn hot!

Neelu Pandey said...

Guess what, we have'nt made it to the beach yet.:( So much for living in the coastal area where I can get to all the lovely beaches in 20 minutes tops.
I feel great that you added me to your favorite sites. I need to work on my blog page to add all these.
Love to everyone,
Neelu

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I just tagged you for yet another meme over on my site. And I keep looking to see if your vitamix has arrived. We need to get together so I can check it out and begin my lusting after something else new, shiny, and expensive.