Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We have returned to the land of health. It is a lovely place you take for granted until the hwole house is under siege. We enjoyed our 4th of July quietly this weekend. We saw some fireworks and we had a cookout on Sunday but all in all it was a productive eeknd. We finished the window in the gym and installed the AC. We added another vent to the girls room so sleeping in the loft is not so hot. We installed Denali's bike gadgets she got for her birthday. We watched Nancy Drew and then played Nancy Drew all weekend. She is quite timeless you know.

As this is a record of my life, I must add that my little guy has a boy obsession iwth the shed. This particular interest fascinates me as I do not enter the shed and wait for Michael to come home to get anything out for me. It is usually messy and full of the bugs we refuse to let in our house. It is detached from the house, not air conditioned, messy, unorganized, dirty and contains many objects I never desire to know how they work--I just like thme to work. For the last week, Keaton has woken up and demanded that Michael take him out to the shed. Perhaps he feels he must be the man of the house and lose things out there also. Or he is attracted to the many motors that are out there (my mechanical engineer husband likes to collect motors in case there is something we may need to motorize in our future). Keaton does seem very intrigued with the extension cords and carries them around trying to plug them into trees and such. They take a quick tour(it has goteen a little less messy now that Michael must be out there daily) and Michael puts away a few things here and there. They return to the house and Keaton looks as if he has brought home a piece of meat to share with the family--very proud and manly. This is so new to me since the girls are not very into the shed, tools and dirt for ditrs sake. I am enjoying his boyness and glad I get to see this side of him.

We are off to piano and errands so I must wake the sleeping baby which I know is a no-no in all parts of the world but what can you do?? I will be better at keeping my life more u to date this week.

1 comment:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

So all the germs and hives have departed? No more twice daily visits to the docs?

Isn't that interesting about Keaton. Must be something on that y chromosome that dictates interest in such things :-)