Friday, July 25, 2008

Fabulous Friday

OK, so I did not get to my Thursday Thirteen list but that is because last night Denali played a soccer game at the Atlanta Silverback's stadium ( not the big field but still) and then Michael went to poker. So I took the time that everyone was sleeping (or gambling) to prepare for Homeschool Expo. It is my favorite day of the year. It is like how the kids feel about Christmas. I get to choose books to inspire my kids for an entire year. A lofty goal but always up for the challenge, I went with could only be categorized as very brilliant people. Abbey and Katrina were present to help inspire and guide me. I even managed to rid myself of children so I could truly focus on the job at hand. It was as I have described for the last few years,as though I am diabetic and dropped into a candy store. It is AMAZING what is available for learning. I walked the aisles after my first large buying spree at Rainbow Resource with Abbey and Katrina hunting for the last of m list and anything that inspired me. I am lucky enough to have such great friends that they like me in spite of my OCD tendencies. I am obsessed with finishing the purchasing this weekend. So much so that I was incredibly disappointed that I could not find Denali's history. Katrina said she would give me hers to plan with until mine came in the mail if that would help. Very thoughtful. Then Abey returned to the scene after reviving with a little caffeine and found the book I was looking for. Not only that but what kind of lucky girl am I that she would even drop it on my doorstep on her way home. I feel so loved and so very COMPULSIVE. But, happy to have it. Last thing on my list is to order Denali's Latin and then I believe I am done. Thought I would include the pictures I had to take to document our upcoming year. Not ALL of this was bought today but the majority was and yes it was heavy to lug around but I took a rolling suitcase. The pictures above say it all. Thank goodness this only occurs once a year!

2 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We did have such a fun time today, huh?! I spent so much money. And I shudder to think about next year when I have to pay to delegate both math and writing.

Thanks for letting me crash your expo party!

Anonymous said...

This was my first year at the Expo and I enjoyed it even though I had the whome family in tow: DH and 3 girsl 4 and under! I'm looking forward to meeting you and other fellow HSers through LEAD.
Maria Butler