Saturday, April 19, 2008

6 unimportant things

Ok I did not follow ALL the rules because I have no one to tag. But I will list my 6 unimportant things about myself.

1. My OCD personality does not extend to the refrigerator. You would think that with all of my organized and neat behavior patterns that I would obsessively keep the fridge neat, but instead it is a place where all things must fend for themselves and if you open it and something falls out- oh well. I can not keep a pattern of where the leftovers go, and the drinks and what not. In my ideal world, I will be asked to help design a fridge for people because I have lots of ideas.

2. Along those lines, I greatly desire a class in learning how to fold sheets. I have tried you tube videos, written directions, etc. to no avail. Someday I hope to attend maid school for dummies and have someone teach me.

3. Being 5ft2 it would surprise many people that I played basketball my freshman year in high school. Suffice it to say, it was both my first and last year. :)

4. I don't believe in dessert that does not contain chocolate. Every ice cream that I purchase must contain chocolate, my muffins that I make with flax and oat bran must be sinfully adorned with it, and my breakfast location of choice would be France so I could have pain du chocolat every day. It is by far more than an addiction and could be considered clinical. In my little world, it is used for self-medicating. It calms my nerves, energizes me at times, reminds me of the sweet things in life, and helps to celebrate. We flew to Florida (my extended family of 11) and got off the plane with 6 kids, picked up an assortment of dinner entrees right before my Nana's funeral and my only request was two chocolate bars. Who cares what the kids eat as long as I have chocolate and most especially in times of stress?

5. I am a beach snob. I LOVE the beach and refuse to compromise much when it comes to our vacation. I prefer to be oceanfront with a nice beach house and a pool, walking distance to some stuff (like ice cream shop-see note above), beautiful sand, no loud music or partying kids, a great kitchen, I could go on and on. We usually rent through VRBO and head to Hilton Head. My sister just bought a condo there and it is great. I hope someday to live full time at the beach.

6. I am working on liking classical music but secretly prefer to sing a long to ANYTHING. I do not sing well but that does not stop me from singing privately. I am however smart enough to keep it there and have NEVER done karaoke.

Well -there is my list. Hope it entertains the few friends and family that this blog was set up for.

2 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You are fast! Great list...and I am glad to know that there is a spot that is not pristine in your house. You need to come over and have my mom give you sheet folding lessons. She would be thrilled to find someone to appreciate her art.

GBK Gwyneth said...

I too make sure that our house stays picked up; everything has a place, and it must go there. But there are a few spots that I ignore...the fridge being one of them!